News is a native Android app that brings together news, popular stories and conversations around any interest or passion.
The project requirements were to create an Android app with the look and feel of a pure native one. For me as a developer, that means to build an Android app in full compliance with Material Design. My responsibilities were to design and build that Android app from scratch to polished product ready to be published on Google Play.
Tools and technologies I used to build this app:
- Graphics designed in Sketch
- App developed in Android Studio 3.0
- Source code written in Kotlin
- App architecture based on Android Architecture Components
- All the layouts built with ConstraintLayout
- Scrolling techniques implemented with CoordinatorLayout
- Remote API consumed with Retrofit
- Image loading implemented with Glide